Kickstop London Bar - Information
To reinforce wooden door frame fitted with a surface mounted rim lock or nightlatch.
- The problem with traditional wooden door frames is that they will splinter and split open during a forced attack.
- A burglary victim, following a 'kick in' attack, would often find that the rim lock screw fixings or the lock staple had not been able to resist the attack and had failed.
- To counter this problem, the police and other crime prevention specialists very highly recommend the London Bar to strengthen and reinforce the door frame around the rim lock or cylinder nightlatch.
- It is easy to fit, is used with existing locks and provides extremely effective additional security every time the door is closed and locked.
- Kickstop Bars are manufactured from specially rolled superior grade, 5mm thick solid steel bar with rounded sides. Each fixing hole is a countersunk hole to ensure that the countersunk screw heads can be fitted flush with the surface of the flat bar.
- Kickstop London Bars are manufactured from one continual length of high grade steel - and have no unsightly welding.
- A packet of 2 1/2" long, No. 10 countersunk hardened steel woodscrews is supplied.
Traditional Style Standard Yale 77 Nightlatch - shown for illustration purposes only
The Staple (or the keep) is the metal part of the rim lock or nightlatch that is screwed onto the door frame
The Kickstop London Bar is a door frame reinforcing bar with a 'D' shaped staple to fit over and secure the staple (keep) of a surface fitted rim lock or cylinder nightlatch. This very effective steel anti-burglary device is screwed on to the internal face of the lock side of the frame and will resist the kicking, splitting and forcing open of the door.
5mm thick steel bar with a rounded edge and countersunk holes
610mm, 1830mm or 1980mm long
16mm or 20mm wide
Standard, Large, Extra Large, Universal or Ingersoll SC71 staple size
- The staple of the London Bar (the 'D' shaped part) is available in three main sizes. Standard, Large and Extra Large.
- The London Bar staple has to fit over the surface mounted rim lock staple - the part of the rim lock that is screwed onto the door frame.
- Ensure that correct measurements are taken and the correct London Bar staple size is chosen.
- The Universal size staple is designed for customers who are not sure whether to purchase a Standard or Large size.
- NB: Rim locks and nightlatches are fitted at slightly different heights on individual doors.
- When fitting the 72" and 78" length London Bars, a little of the top or the bottom of the London Bar may need to be cut off with a hacksaw.
- The 'D' shaped bend in the two longer London Bars is positioned at the approximate height of where most surface mounted nightlatches should normally be fitted.
- The 72" bar is approximately 6" shorter than the height of a door frame - to help avoid the need to hacksaw off a piece of the bar.